10/17/2009

Holy Cow!

Tonight my parents were so great. They offered to take Carli for the whole afternoon! It was such a nice break. Carli told them a great story, and if I don't write it down, it will be forgotten.
Out of the blue Carli starts telling my mom that she is not allowed to say, "holy cow", only at the park. (I'll explain later.) Then Carli says, "sometimes I go up in my room for quiet time and say holy cow a whole bunch of times so my mom and dad can't hear me."

Seriously? Where did we get this girl? (oh yea, Target, according to her!)

Carli has started asking me a lot about what words she can and can't say. So one day when she asked me if she could say holy cow, I said, "I guess", not knowing she had already asked dad the same question, but he said No. So when we got home from the park one night, she told Dad that I said she could say holy cow. Chad and I both looked at each other not knowing that she had asked both of us and I said, "I guess, only at the park!"

She doesn't forget a thing!

No comments: